Simcorp Knowledge



1. What is SimCorp Dimension?

Answer:

SimCorp Dimension is an integrated investment management platform used mainly by asset managers, banks, pension funds, insurance companies and other buy-side organizations.

It supports different stages of the investment lifecycle such as portfolio management, trading, operations, accounting, reconciliation and reporting.

From a production-support perspective, my responsibility is to make sure the application, interfaces, batches and downstream processes are running correctly and that business users receive accurate data on time.

SimCorp describes Dimension as the foundation of SimCorp One, with an Investment Book of Record providing the core data foundation.
2. What is your experience with SimCorp Dimension?
Strong answer for your profile:


I have been supporting SimCorp Dimension as an L2 production-support application in a banking and asset-management environment.

My responsibilities include application monitoring, SOD, intraday and EOD checks, batch monitoring, interface monitoring, incident management, troubleshooting application and data issues, SQL validation, Unix/Linux log analysis and coordination with L3, DBA, infrastructure and upstream/downstream teams.

I also support business-critical processes such as trade processing, reconciliation, NAV-related processing, reporting and regulatory reporting.

When there is a failure, I first identify whether the issue is application, database, infrastructure, batch, interface or upstream-data related. Then I check logs and monitoring, perform the required validation, recover the process where appropriate and communicate the status to stakeholders.

Important: Don't claim configuration/development experience if you haven't actually done it.
3. What is IBOR?

Answer:


IBOR stands for Investment Book of Record.

It provides a consolidated and timely view of investment-related information such as positions, trades, cash and other portfolio data.

In production support, IBOR-related issues are important because incorrect or delayed data can impact downstream accounting, reconciliation, risk and client reporting.

SimCorp identifies IBOR as being at the heart of Dimension/SimCorp One and as a source of accurate and timely investment data.
4. Explain the SimCorp Dimension trade lifecycle.

A good interview answer:


A typical trade lifecycle starts when a trade is created or received from an upstream/front-office system.

The trade is validated and processed in the investment platform. Then it can go through confirmation, settlement, accounting and reconciliation.

After successful processing, the resulting positions, cash and transaction information can be used by downstream processes such as accounting, risk, performance and reporting.

As production support, I monitor each critical stage and investigate where the transaction stopped or failed.

A simplified flow:

Trade → Validation → Confirmation → Settlement → Accounting → Reconciliation → Reporting

For support, remember:

Input → Processing → Database → Output
5. What are SOD, Intraday and EOD checks?

Answer:


SOD means Start of Day checks. I verify application availability, services, database connectivity, interfaces and critical overnight jobs before business users start working.

Intraday monitoring focuses on critical processes running during the business day, including incoming feeds, trades, interfaces, batches and business-critical transactions.

EOD checks verify that all required end-of-day processes have completed successfully and that expected outputs have been generated and delivered.
6. What do you check during SOD?

Say this:


During SOD, I follow a predefined checklist.

First, I check application availability and services.

Then I check database connectivity, server health, disk space and memory.

I check Geneos/Grafana/Splunk alerts and verify whether there are any unresolved overnight incidents.

Then I check critical batch jobs and inbound/outbound interfaces.

Finally, I validate that business-critical processes are ready before handing over the environment to business users.
7. A SimCorp batch failed. What will you do?

This is a very important interview question.
Answer:


First, I check the scheduler and identify the failed job and failure timestamp.

Then I check the job log and application logs to understand the exact error.

I determine whether it is an application error, database issue, missing input file, interface issue, infrastructure issue or data issue.

If the issue is related to a missing upstream file, I contact the upstream team and validate the expected file.

If it is a transient application issue and the runbook permits recovery, I restart or rerun the job.

Before rerunning, I check whether the previous execution partially processed data, because blindly rerunning can create duplicate processing.

After recovery, I validate the output and downstream jobs.

Finally, I update the incident with the root cause, action taken and validation results.

This answer sounds like L2 support rather than someone who simply says "I restart the job."
8. What if a batch is stuck in "Running"?

Answer:


First, I check how long the job has been running compared with its normal duration.

I check the scheduler status and application logs.

Then I check whether the process is actively doing work or is waiting for another dependency such as database locks, an input file, another job or an external interface.

I also check CPU, memory and database activity if required.

If the process is genuinely hung, I follow the documented recovery procedure. I don't immediately kill the process because it may have partially processed data.

After recovery, I validate the downstream impact before rerunning.
9. What if an upstream file hasn't arrived?
Answer:


I first verify whether the file is actually expected at that time and check the scheduler dependency.

Then I check the SFTP/interface location and application monitoring.

I verify whether the upstream team generated the file and whether there was any transfer failure.

If the file wasn't generated, I contact the upstream team.

If the file was generated but not transferred, I investigate the SFTP/interface logs.

Once the file arrives, I validate the file name, size, timestamp and format before allowing the dependent process to continue.
10. What if the file arrived but the SimCorp job rejected it?

Answer:


I check the job log and interface log for the rejection reason.

Then I validate the file format, header/trailer, record count, mandatory fields and any business-data validation errors.

I compare the failed file with a previously successful file.

If the problem is caused by invalid upstream data, I engage the upstream team.

If an approved workaround exists, I follow the runbook and change-management procedure.

After correction, I reprocess the file and validate the resulting data.
11. How do you troubleshoot a reconciliation issue?

Answer:


First, I identify which two sources are being reconciled.

For example, SimCorp versus custodian or SimCorp versus an external source.

I identify the affected trade, portfolio, security or account.

Then I compare the key fields such as trade date, settlement date, quantity, price, currency, amount and transaction status.

I use SQL to validate the corresponding records in the database and check application/interface logs.

Then I determine whether the mismatch is caused by missing data, duplicate data, timing, incorrect mapping or an actual business-data difference.

If required, I coordinate with the upstream, custodian or L3 team for correction.
12. What if duplicate trades are received?

Answer:


I first identify the unique business key for the trade, such as trade ID or a combination of portfolio, instrument, trade date, quantity and other relevant fields depending on the implementation.

I use SQL to identify duplicate records.

Then I check whether the duplicate came from the upstream feed, interface retry or application processing.

I don't directly delete records from production.

I first assess the business and downstream impact and follow the approved correction procedure.

If required, I escalate to L3 or the data-owner team and document the incident.
13. How do you use SQL in SimCorp support?
Strong answer:


I mainly use SQL for investigation and validation rather than making direct production changes.

For example, I can verify whether a trade was loaded, whether a position exists, whether records are duplicated, whether an expected feed was processed and whether a batch generated the expected records.

I also use SQL to compare records between different processing stages and validate data before and after recovery.

Example:
SELECT trade_id, portfolio_id, instrument_id, trade_date, quantity, status FROM trades WHERE trade_id = 'TRD12345';




For duplicates:
SELECT trade_id, COUNT(*) FROM trades GROUP BY trade_id HAVING COUNT(*) > 1;



14. What if the database is slow?

Answer:


First I determine whether the problem is application-wide or limited to a particular transaction or batch.

I check application logs and monitoring.

Then I check database connectivity and response time.

I identify the SQL query or process causing the delay, if available.

I check execution time, blocking sessions, locks and database resource utilization.

If it is a database-side issue, I provide the evidence to the DBA team and coordinate with them.

After the issue is resolved, I validate application performance and the affected business process.
15. What if SimCorp application is unavailable?

Use this structure:
Detect → Validate → Isolate → Recover → Validate → Communicate


First, I confirm the alert using monitoring tools rather than assuming it is a false alert.

I check application services, server health, database connectivity and recent changes.

I check application and system logs.

Then I isolate whether the issue is application, database, infrastructure or network related.

If there is an approved restart procedure, I restart the required service.

If not, I escalate to the appropriate L3/infrastructure/DBA team.

After recovery, I perform functional validation and confirm that critical business processes are working.

Finally, I update the incident and communicate the recovery status.
16. What monitoring tools have you used?

For your profile:


I have used Geneos, Splunk, Grafana and Dynatrace for production monitoring.

Geneos is useful for application and process monitoring.

Splunk is useful for centralized log analysis and searching application errors.

Grafana is useful for dashboards and infrastructure/application metrics.

Dynatrace provides application performance and transaction-level visibility.

I use these tools together rather than depending on only one monitoring tool.
17. How do you troubleshoot using Splunk?

Answer:


First, I identify the application, server, time range and correlation or transaction ID if available.

Then I search for keywords such as ERROR, Exception, Failed, Timeout, ORA or Connection refused.

I correlate the timestamp with the failed batch or business transaction.

Then I trace the sequence of events before and after the error.

I use the evidence from the logs to determine the probable failure point.

Example:
index=simcorp sourcetype=application "TRD12345" "ERROR"



18. What is your approach to a P1 incident?
Interview answer:


For a P1, my first priority is service restoration and business impact assessment.

I acknowledge the incident and immediately start technical validation.

I check monitoring, application availability, recent changes, logs, database connectivity and infrastructure health.

I involve the required resolver teams and join the incident bridge.

I provide regular updates based on facts rather than assumptions.

If an approved workaround can restore service quickly, I follow the emergency-change process.

Once service is restored, I perform validation and then support RCA and problem management.
19. Give me a real SimCorp production incident example.

Use a scenario like this:
Scenario: Regulatory report batch failed


During EOD processing, a regulatory reporting batch failed because the expected inbound file was rejected.

I received the alert from the monitoring system and checked the scheduler.

I opened the job log and found that the input file had failed validation.

I checked the file and compared it with the previous successful file.

We identified an unexpected character in the input data.

I informed the upstream/L3 team and followed the approved workaround to correct the file.

After the correction, the file was reprocessed.

I monitored the dependent jobs and validated that the regulatory report was generated successfully.

I updated the incident with the timeline, root cause, recovery action and validation results.

A problem ticket was then raised for permanent prevention.

That's a much stronger answer than:


"The batch failed, so I restarted it."
20. What is reconciliation?

Answer:


Reconciliation is the process of comparing data between two systems or sources to identify differences.

In investment management, examples include comparing trades, positions, cash or holdings between SimCorp, custodians, brokers or other external systems.

The objective is to ensure data consistency and identify breaks that need investigation.
21. What is NAV?

Answer:


NAV stands for Net Asset Value.

At a high level, NAV represents the value of a fund's assets minus its liabilities, generally calculated according to the fund's valuation methodology.

From a production-support perspective, I would monitor the processes and inputs contributing to NAV calculation, investigate failures or data discrepancies and validate downstream reporting.

Don't overcomplicate the answer unless the interviewer asks for the actual NAV calculation methodology.
22. What is a position?

Answer:


A position represents the holding of an investment instrument in a portfolio or fund at a particular point in time.

For example, a portfolio may hold 10,000 shares of a particular equity.

Positions are important because they influence portfolio valuation, risk, accounting, reconciliation and reporting.
23. What is the difference between trade and position?

TradePositionRepresents a transaction Represents current holding
Buy/sell activity Resulting holding
Has trade details Has quantity/exposure
Occurs at transaction time Exists as portfolio state
Can change a position Reflects accumulated transactions

Interview answer:


A trade is an individual transaction, while a position represents the resulting holding in a portfolio after applicable transactions and processing.
24. What is an interface failure?

Answer:


An interface failure occurs when data cannot successfully move between SimCorp and another system.

The problem could be file generation, file transfer, authentication, network connectivity, message processing, data validation or downstream availability.

I check both sides of the interface and trace the transaction end-to-end.
25. How do you troubleshoot SFTP issues?

Answer:


First I verify whether the file was generated.

Then I check the source directory and destination directory.

I validate file name, size and timestamp.

I check SFTP connection and authentication logs.

I also verify permissions and network connectivity.

If the source generated the file but the destination didn't receive it, I investigate the transfer layer.

Once fixed, I verify successful transfer and downstream processing.
26. What if a certificate expires and SimCorp services fail?

Answer:


I first confirm the certificate error from the application or connection logs.

I check the certificate expiry date and affected endpoint.

I identify whether the certificate is used for SSL/TLS communication, API connectivity or another integration.

I follow the organization's certificate-renewal process, obtain the renewed certificate through the approved process and update the relevant trust store or configuration.

Then I restart the affected service if required and validate connectivity.

I also check all dependent services to ensure there is no downstream impact.
27. How do you handle a production restart?

Answer:


I don't restart production services immediately just because an application is unavailable.

First I verify the issue and check whether there is an existing incident or change.

I identify the affected service and dependencies.

I check the restart runbook and obtain the required approval depending on the severity.

Then I restart the service in the correct sequence.

After restart, I validate application connectivity, database connectivity, interfaces and critical business functionality.
28. What is your role in Change Management?

Answer:


For production changes, I follow the approved Change Management process.

I validate the implementation plan, prerequisites, impact, risk, rollback plan and implementation window.

During implementation, I perform the required technical steps and capture evidence.

After deployment, I perform validation and monitor the application.

If the change causes an issue, I follow the rollback plan and raise or link the appropriate incident.
29. How do you differentiate application issue vs infrastructure issue?

Use this answer:


I isolate the issue layer by layer.

Application: application logs show exceptions or business-processing failures.

Database: connection errors, slow queries, locks or database errors.

Infrastructure: CPU, memory, disk, server or service issues.

Network: connection timeout, DNS, firewall or connectivity issues.

Interface: file transfer or message-processing failure.

Data: invalid, missing or duplicate business data.

I use monitoring, logs, SQL and system checks to collect evidence before escalating.
30. What would you check if SimCorp is slow?

Say:


I would check from multiple layers:
Application response time
Application logs
Database response time
Long-running queries
Database locks/blocking
CPU and memory
Disk utilization
Network latency
Batch processes running at the same time
Recent deployments or configuration changes

Then I would identify whether the bottleneck is application, database, infrastructure or network.
31. What is your experience with batch schedulers?

For your profile:


I have experience monitoring scheduled production jobs using enterprise scheduling tools such as Control-M, AutoSys and ActiveBatch/Cockpit.

I monitor dependencies, job status, start/end times, failures and reruns.

When a job fails, I investigate the logs and dependencies before deciding whether to restart or rerun it.

I also verify downstream jobs after successful completion.

A current HCLTech SimCorp support role specifically lists batch incidents, SimCorp System Operations Platform, SQL, integrations, schedulers such as Control-M/AutoSys, log analysis, SFTP and FIX troubleshooting among relevant support skills.
32. What is the difference between restart and rerun?

Answer:


Restart usually means restarting a service or application component.

Rerun means executing a failed or incomplete batch/job again.

Before rerunning a batch, I check whether any records were already processed to avoid duplicate processing or inconsistent data.
33. What would you do if a rerun creates duplicate data?

Answer:


I would immediately stop further processing if required to prevent additional impact.

Then I would identify the affected records and determine why the process wasn't idempotent or why duplicate processing occurred.

I would not manually delete production records without authorization.

I would engage L3/application and database teams, identify the approved correction procedure and validate the data after remediation.

I would also raise a problem record if the issue indicates a recurring process weakness.
34. How do you handle an incident from start to closure?
Memorize this flow:

Alert → Validate → Impact → Investigate → Identify → Recover → Validate → Communicate → RCA

Interview answer:


I receive or detect the alert, validate whether it is genuine and determine the business impact.

Then I investigate using monitoring, logs, SQL and system checks.

I identify the failure point and involve the appropriate resolver group.

I perform recovery according to the runbook and change process.

After recovery, I validate the application and downstream processes.

I communicate the resolution to stakeholders and document the incident.

For recurring or major incidents, I support RCA and problem management.
35. Why should we hire you for SimCorp support?

This is particularly important for your face-to-face round.

Don't give a long technical answer.
Say:


I have strong experience in L2 production support for mission-critical banking applications, including SimCorp-related investment management processes.

My strength is end-to-end production troubleshooting. I can work across application monitoring, batch scheduling, Unix/Linux, SQL, databases, interfaces and incident management.

I understand that in an investment-management environment, availability and data accuracy are equally important.

When an issue occurs, I don't simply restart a failed job. I first understand the failure, identify the business impact, validate the data, recover the process safely and make sure downstream processing is successful.

I also have experience working with L3, DBA, infrastructure, upstream and business teams during critical incidents.
36. 10 rapid-fire questions you should practice

QuestionKey point to answerWhat is SimCorp Dimension? Investment management platform
What is IBOR? Investment Book of Record
What is SOD? Start-of-day validation
What is EOD? End-of-day processing
What is reconciliation? Compare two sources
What is NAV? Assets minus liabilities, per methodology
Trade vs position? Transaction vs resulting holding
Batch failed? Logs → dependency → root cause → recovery
File missing? Validate source → transfer → destination
Application down? Validate → isolate → recover → verify







1. A trade is received but not processed. What will you check?


First, I would identify the trade ID and confirm that the trade was actually received from the upstream system.

Then I would check the trade status in SimCorp and review the application or processing logs for any validation or business-rule errors.

I would verify whether required reference data, instrument setup, portfolio setup or other dependencies are available.

I would also check the related batch or workflow and use SQL to confirm whether the trade was inserted and processed correctly in the database.

Once I identify where the processing stopped, I would either follow the approved recovery procedure or involve the functional/L3 team if configuration or application changes are required.

After recovery, I would verify that the trade was processed successfully and that the expected position and downstream processing were updated.

Remember:

Upstream → SimCorp → Workflow/Batch → DB → Position → Downstream
2. A position is incorrect. How will you investigate?


First, I would identify the affected portfolio, security, quantity and business date.

Then I would check the underlying transactions that contributed to the position, including buys, sells, transfers or other relevant transactions.

I would verify whether all expected trades were processed and whether there are any duplicate or missing transactions.

I would also check settlement status, corporate actions, reference data and any relevant batch processing.

Using SQL, I would compare the transaction and position records and identify where the difference originated.

Once the root cause is identified, I would coordinate the correction through the approved process and then validate the position and downstream reconciliation.
Strong point to mention:


I would investigate the transactions behind the position rather than correcting the position directly.
3. SimCorp reconciliation has a break. What will you do?


First, I would identify the portfolio, security, date and type of reconciliation break.

Then I would compare the SimCorp data against the external source, such as custodian or upstream data.

I would compare key attributes such as quantity, price, currency, trade date, settlement date and transaction status.

Then I would determine whether the break is caused by a missing trade, duplicate transaction, timing difference, incorrect price, reference-data issue or interface problem.

I would validate the SimCorp records using SQL and check the relevant interface and batch logs.

After identifying the root cause, I would coordinate with the responsible team for correction and rerun the reconciliation if required.
4. NAV calculation has a discrepancy. How will you identify the cause?


First, I would identify the affected fund and valuation date and compare the current NAV with the previous successful calculation.

Then I would break down the NAV components, such as positions, market prices, FX rates, cash, income, expenses and other applicable adjustments.

I would identify which component has changed unexpectedly.

Then I would trace that component back to its source data and check whether the issue is related to a missing transaction, incorrect market data, FX rate, corporate action, configuration or processing failure.

After correcting the underlying issue through the approved process, I would rerun the calculation and reconcile the result before confirming the NAV.
Excellent phrase:


"I would investigate the input components contributing to NAV rather than treating NAV itself as the root cause."
5. An interface from an external system fails. How do you troubleshoot it?


I would troubleshoot the interface end-to-end.

First, I would confirm whether the source system generated the expected message or file.

Then I would check the transfer mechanism, such as SFTP or messaging, and verify whether the data reached the SimCorp side.

If the data reached SimCorp, I would check interface processing logs and identify whether it failed because of authentication, connectivity, file format, mapping, validation or application processing.

I would also check whether the target service and database are available.

Once the failure point is identified, I would coordinate with the source, infrastructure, network or L3 team as required.

After recovery, I would confirm successful processing and validate the downstream business result.
6. How would you configure a new business workflow?

This is a high-risk question for you because the JD explicitly asks for configuration.

If you have not independently configured workflows, don't claim that you have.
Safe but strong answer:


I would first understand the business process and the expected workflow behavior.

I would identify the transaction type, business rules, approval requirements, dependencies and downstream impact.

Then I would identify the relevant SimCorp configuration required to support that workflow.

I would implement or coordinate the configuration in the appropriate non-production environment.

Then I would test the normal flow, exception scenarios and negative scenarios.

After SIT and UAT approval, I would support controlled production deployment and post-go-live validation.

If they ask:

"Have you personally configured SimCorp workflows?"

Be direct:


My primary experience has been L2 production support, so I have not independently owned end-to-end SimCorp workflow configuration. I have worked with configuration-related issues and supported testing and production validation. I understand the analysis and implementation lifecycle and I'm looking to expand my hands-on configuration responsibilities.

That is much better than getting caught later.
7. How would you gather requirements from a business user?

Use 5 questions:

What? Why? Current? Expected? Impact?
Answer:


First, I understand what the business wants to achieve and why the change is required.

Then I understand the current process and identify the pain point or gap.

I clarify the expected future behavior, business rules, inputs, outputs and exceptions.

I identify impacted users, portfolios, transactions, interfaces and downstream processes.

Finally, I document the requirement, clarify open questions with the business and get confirmation before moving into solution design.
Example:


If a business user says "we need an automated reconciliation," I would not immediately start designing it. I would first understand what they currently reconcile manually, which fields they compare, what constitutes a break and what output they expect.
8. How do you convert requirements into functional specifications?
Answer:


First, I convert the business requirement into clear functional requirements.

I document the current state and expected future state.

Then I define the business rules, inputs, processing logic, outputs, validations, exception scenarios and dependencies.

I also identify the impacted SimCorp functionality, interfaces and downstream systems.

The functional specification should be detailed enough for the technical team to understand what needs to be implemented and for testers to derive their test scenarios.

I review the specification with business and technical stakeholders before implementation.
Think:

Business Requirement → Functional Requirement → Business Rules → Solution → Test Cases
9. How do you perform SIT and UAT?
SIT


SIT validates whether the complete technical and functional flow works across integrated systems.

I prepare test data and execute positive, negative and integration scenarios.

I validate the input, SimCorp processing, database results, interfaces and downstream output.

Any defects are documented and retested after correction.
UAT


UAT validates whether the solution meets the actual business requirement.

Business users execute agreed scenarios using representative business data.

I support them with test preparation, defect investigation and retesting.

Once critical scenarios pass, business provides UAT sign-off before production deployment.
Easy difference:

SIT = Does the integrated solution work?

UAT = Does it satisfy the business?
10. Explain a SimCorp implementation you worked on.

If you have genuine implementation experience, describe it in this sequence:


The implementation started with requirement gathering from the business.

We analyzed the existing investment-management process and identified the required changes.

I was involved in understanding the impacted SimCorp processes, interfaces and operational dependencies.

We then supported configuration/development, integration testing, data validation and SIT.

During UAT, I supported business users with test scenarios and defect resolution.

Before go-live, we completed deployment planning, validation and rollback preparation.

After go-live, I supported hypercare, monitored batches and interfaces and resolved production issues until the environment stabilized.
Important:

If you did not work on a full SimCorp implementation, don't invent one.

Instead say:


I have mainly worked in the production-support and post-release side rather than owning a complete greenfield SimCorp implementation.
11. What was your role during migration?
Answer:


My role would be to validate the migration from an application and business-process perspective.

I would first understand the data being migrated and the source-to-target mapping.

After migration, I would validate record counts and key business attributes.

I would perform reconciliation between the source and target systems.

Then I would test whether the migrated data works correctly in SimCorp—for example, whether portfolios, securities, trades and positions are processed correctly.

Any migration discrepancies would be investigated and coordinated with the data or technical teams.
Key words:

Mapping → Migration → Count Validation → Reconciliation → Functional Validation
12. How do you support go-live and hypercare?
Answer:


Before go-live, I make sure the deployment plan, validation checklist, support procedures and rollback plan are available.

During go-live, I monitor application health, services, interfaces, batches and critical business processes.

During hypercare, I closely monitor errors and business issues and coordinate quickly with L3, DBA, infrastructure and business teams.

I prioritize issues based on business impact and SLA.

Once the environment becomes stable, recurring issues and operational knowledge are documented and handed over to BAU support.
13. Give an example of an automation/STP improvement.

For your background, don't make this unnecessarily complicated.
Answer:


In production support, I look for repetitive manual checks that can be automated.

For example, instead of manually checking critical batch status, application services, file availability and server health, we can use monitoring and scripts to perform these checks automatically and generate alerts when expected conditions are not met.

Similarly, if a process requires repeated manual validation after a batch completes, we can automate the validation and notification.

This improves consistency, reduces manual effort and helps the support team identify issues earlier.

From an STP perspective, the objective is to move the process from manual intervention toward automated end-to-end processing wherever business controls allow it.
14. Tell me about a complex RCA you performed.

This is where your Oracle listener / production outage example is very useful.
Answer:


We had a P1 application availability issue where users were unable to access the application.

Initially, the application servers and infrastructure appeared healthy, so I checked the application logs in Splunk.

The logs showed Oracle listener and JDBC connection errors.

I coordinated with the DBA team, who identified that after a recent patch the Oracle listener configuration was pointing toward the DR environment instead of Production.

We worked with the relevant teams to correct the configuration and restore the production connection.

After the fix, I validated application connectivity and performed business-level transaction checks.

We then documented the RCA and introduced additional post-patch validation to prevent the same issue from recurring.
This demonstrates:

Monitoring → Logs → Analysis → DBA → Root Cause → Recovery → Validation → Prevention

Very strong L2 answer.
15. How do you handle disagreement between business and technical teams?
Answer:


First, I make sure both sides understand the actual requirement and the technical constraints.

I avoid making the discussion personal and focus on facts, business impact, risk and available options.

If the business wants a particular outcome, I clarify what is technically feasible and explain any risks or limitations.

I work with the technical team to identify alternative solutions where possible.

If a decision is required, I document the options, impact and recommendation and involve the appropriate stakeholder for the final decision.

Once a decision is made, I make sure all teams are aligned on the action plan.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog